Saturday 29 March 2014

Everybody Is A Genius Einstein Quotes

I should really write a bit about why I decided to write a blog, and (reluctantly) a bit about me.  I like blogs, I like reading about peoples lives and adventures, I like blogs about cooking, weight loss, crafts, and peoples lives, I like blogs that make me think, make me cry, make me smile or just generally let me spend a few minutes in the lives of  people I don't know.  I decided to write  a blog as it really is just an extension of writing a diary except it goes out into cyberspace for the whole world to see.  I don't want to write a blog about self improvement, you won't find any psycho babble, angst, or "woe is me" themes as I generally think other people are much better at that kind of thing than I am!  What I want to do is simply find something nice, and hopefully funny,  to say about my day.  Yesterdays post troubled me a lot as housework is just not interesting, I took a deep breath and wrote it anyway!

On to the bit about me - this is the bit I really don't want to write, not because I am ashamed of anything in my life, or because I am bigging myself up and making myself sound better than I am - but because it's simply not very interesting.  I suppose the best way to describe me would be "Alternative" - a word I hate at the moment as it seems to describe gimmicks and stuff that are just not.  My son describes me as a gothic hippy! I think the gothic bit is perhaps a tad unfair as my hair is currently a deep purple not black, I don't sleep in a coffin, neither do I have a rose garden which I can wander about aimlessly in a white nightie looking decorative and waiting for a vampire to kiss me. I think the hippy bit is probably fair as I have admitted to Bubble that he was nearly called "Nettle or Hawthorn!"  In my defence I did live on a narrowboat at the time and generally was living a somewhat "alternative" lifestyle.

I generally try to live and let live, try very hard not to judge people, and think the phrase " never judge a book by it's cover" is one that should be adopted in all schools.

I think that's enough about me.........for now!

Thanks for reading x


No comments:

Post a Comment